UTA holds NCAA top 35 marks in total blocks at 78.5 and blocks per set at 2.71 this season.
The Mavericks are coming off of their winningest season since 2006 and will open the season at home against Campbell at 7 p.m.
UT Arlington volleyball held a press conference to discuss the upcoming season Monday.
The Mavs swept Texas State in front of a CPC volleyball record crowd of 1,251.
Briana Sharratt becomes the first Maverick player since 1989 to be named an All-American.
- Started 34 matches
- 275 kills with a .414 attack percentage giving her the UTA individual season record
- Led the team with 160 block assists and 165 total blocks, putting her in third and sixth place, respectively, on the UTA individual season records
- Season high 19 kills vs Arkansas State (10/17)
- All-Conference Sun Belt First Team
- AVCA Southwest All-Region Team
- AVCA Honorable Mention All-American
- 24 sets (1 start)
- 40 kills, 20 block assists
- Three-year letterwinner for Aledo (Aledo, Texas)
- First-team All-District and 7-4A MVP in 2012
- 2012 state champion runner-up and All-State All-Tournament team
- TGCA All-State, All-State academic and district 4-5A All-Star in 2012
- District 5-4A 2011 Most Valuable Hitter
- Ft. Worth Star-Telegram 2011 Super team first team
- 2011 Vype Magazine first team
- District 5-4A 2010 Newcomer of the Year
- Born Aug. 22, 1994
- Daughter of Jim Sharratt and Kristi Paara
- One brother (Spencer) and one sister (Tori)
- Undeclared major
VB: Tessa Harfield's Journey to Arlington
VB: Mavs Open Conference Play with Troy, South Alabama
Texas Trust Scholar-Athlete Of The Week
VB: Mavs Hold Pre-Conference Media Day
VB: Canete Tabbed to Mav Classic All-Tourney Team
VB: Arizona State Sweeps UTA in Maverick Classic Finale