UTA erased a 2-0 deficit in the match, but a 15-12 5th set gave the match to Texas State.
UTA will return to action this weekend with matches against Georgia Southern and Little Rock.
UTA out-blocked and out-dug GSU in the four-set victory at College Park Center.
UTA notched its sixth winning record in nonconference play since Seymour took over the program in 2004.
UT Arlington volleyball held a press conference to discuss the upcoming season Monday.
- Played in 74 sets over 20 matches on the season, making five starts
- Had a career-high 17 digs vs Georgia State (9/19)
- Put up five matches with at least 10 digs, including stretch of four straight matches with double digit digs from 9/27 to 10/3
- Recorded a kill apiece against Abilene Christian (9/8) and Louisiana (9/18)
- Had a pair of assists against Southeast Missouri (9/11)
- Named MVP for District 3-6A, while also being named to the all district first team during her sophomore and junior seasons and the all district second team for her freshman season
- Played in the FCA and TGCA All-Star games
- Piled up 1,177 kills and 1,310 digs in her four years at San Angelo Central HS, including 416 kills and 337 digs during her senior season
- Registered 115 service aces, 49 of which came in her final season playing for the Bobcats
- Played club volleyball for Tejas Volleyball
- Named the MVP of the Nita Vannoy Memorial Tournament this past season, while also being selected to the All-Tournament team the previous two seasons
- Born October 17, 1996
- Daughter of Mickey and Dulcey Russell
- Father was an all-conference quarterback at Angelo State University
- Plans on majoring in Architectural Engineering
VB: App. State Outlasts Mavs in Five
VB: Canete, Geathers Earn All-Conference Honors
VB: Wenger Inks Five Future Mavericks
VB: Mavs Open Sun Belt Run with App State
VB: Cajuns Outlast Mavs in Four Sets
VB: Canete Stars as Mavs Top ULM